“Matthew’s hambone is a real driving force…”
“…a gifted instructor… He is creative, upbeat, energetic and spends time with students after class… You are a teacher’s teacher… Thanks for opening up a whole new musical world… one of the highlights of my year was to partake in the class… At the risk of gushing, your class -your teaching – was a transformative experience on a musical and professional and personal level.”
- We are helping to organize a Flatfooting, Fiddle and Banjo weekdend in Harpers Ferry November 9-11. Come check it out!
- Also, take a look at our annual summer camp for percussive dance in Afton VA at the Rockfish Valley Community Center. We offer classes for kids and adults in Irish Step Dance, Flatfooting, Percussion, Tap, Vernacular Jazz, Urban Dance, and more.
- Matthew teaches classes in Flatfooting and tap for kids and adults at Knock on Wood Tap Studio in Takoma Park, MD. Click here: www.knockonwood.org for more info.
- In addition, we often teach at some truly excellent camps camps and festivals, including Swannanoa, Boxwood and Augusta Dance Week. Visit out “live” page for more info and links.
Matthew and Good Foot also give group lessons and private instruction in:
* clogging and
* body percussion
* Irish step dance
* wooden flute and pennywhistle
* partner dances including waltz, swing, & zydeco
Need a participatory workshop or lecture/demo style presentation for your school, festival, or theater? We offer everything from theatrical performances to K-12 school residencies, to college lectures. Topic and content can be adjusted to you wishes.
To inquire about private lessons or to schedule a workshop or performance, please contact Matthew Olwell: firstname.lastname@example.org